Thursday, July 19, 2012

About Thunt.net Hot Wheels

In the year 2011, I was bored.  I was bored and poor.  I’m a collector.  I collected books, baseball cards, magic cards, beatles cards, bukowski books, vhs, dvds, movies, music, posters, merit badges, computer files.  I collect things.  I needed something to collect that didn’t cost much.  I’d already bought the Hot Wheels Back to the Future Time Machine and the Ecto-1 Ghostbusters wagon.  It wasn’t much a leap from there to realize that I could buy a new hot wheels for a buck every time I went to the grocery store and make going to the grocery store fun, like a scavenger hunt.  At first I only wanted to buy movie cars, but there weren’t many of those and soon I was buying cars based upon uniqueness, I’d buy boats or helicopters or just plain weird looking cars.  Later I collected lamborghinis and ferraris, reviving the interests of my youth.  I once had a black lamborghini on black and white tile poster that was over eight feet long and took up the entire wall in my room (truth be told, I still have the poster, but it’s so large there is nowhere to hang it.).  

I’ve slowed down my Hot Wheels buying lately, but I still have a shoebox filled with unique ones to open.  Unlike other collectors, I like to take the toys out of their packaging (destroying their value) but allowing me to photograph them and put them on a shelf.  I decided to open this blog so I’d have somewhere to put the photos after I upload them to flickr.  I don’t expect anyone to read it, and it’s been awhile since I’ve updated it, but I’m glad it’s still here.  Maybe I’ll open a new hot wheels soon and photograph it.  When I do, you can bet I’ll put the best photo here with a link to my flickr account.


It’s only a coincidence that my internet nick, is Thunt, like my name Thomas Hunt.  It has nothing to do with the Treasure Hunts or T-Hunts as they call them.  When I first started I’d look for T-Hunts, but it’s been months now and I’ve never seen one, so I’ve pretty much given up.  I would like to get a Knight Rider KITT car though.  David Hasslehoff rules!  (but only ironically)

No comments:

Post a Comment